Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.
Sentou Gakuin© V3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Sad Serio-chan
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 8:28 pm by Serio Katsuya

» Arashi's Equipment (Post Time Skip)
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 1:03 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi's Abilities (Post Time Skip)
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 12:22 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi Techniques (Post Time Skip) [Finished]
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 11:55 pm by _[Spitfire]_

» Spellbinder
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:18 pm by Jisenki

» Ultima
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:17 pm by Jisenki

» Danika Syphin
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:33 pm by Jisenki

» Arthe
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:30 pm by Jisenki

» Danika's Equipment (WIP)
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 11:26 pm by Riko

» Diamond Dust
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:50 pm by Xexame

» Keyblade- Oathkeeper
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:39 pm by Xexame

» The Keyblade
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 4:47 pm by Xexame

» Tristan Morganthe's Spell Tome
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:48 pm by Jisenki

» [Post Time Skip] Thanatos-Bringer of the End
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:46 pm by Jisenki

» Keyblade- X Blade
    How about Twilight? I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:43 pm by Jisenki

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
    In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on March 3rd 2022, 5:44 pm

How about Twilight?

3 posters

Go down

How about Twilight? Empty How about Twilight?

Post by Sara September 23rd 2009, 1:21 pm

I meant to do this ages ago, But I don't know how you all feel about the Twilight Saga.

it seems to be mostly guys on here... But I dunno, if any one likes or dislikes it we can have a discussion on it... I personally have a plethera of Pro's and cons (Admittedly, mostly cons) About it.

Anything any one wants to say can be just... well posted and then we can have a talk about it... I have mixed feelings. (I thought now would be the right time as we're on the verge of the New Moon movie!)
    Sara
    Sara
    Suzaku Elite

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Interests : Martial Arts; Music.

The BattleField
    Health Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue4000/4000How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (4000/4000)
    Tsukara-Skill Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue5000/5000How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (5000/5000)
    Experience Points :
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue100/100How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

How about Twilight? Empty Re: How about Twilight?

Post by Xexame September 23rd 2009, 10:49 pm

I don't know very much about Twilight. I've never really even seen it. From what I hear from guys that have seen the entire thing, they say its more of a chick movie (not to be mean or offensive or anything).
    Xexame
    Xexame
    Elite Warrior

Male
    Number of posts : 528
    Interests : uhh....gravy?

The BattleField
    Health Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue4250/5000How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (4250/5000)
    Tsukara-Skill Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue4900/4900How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (4900/4900)
    Experience Points :
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue0/100How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara September 24th 2009, 3:33 am

It is. The only reason people see it is for the supposedly hot guys in it. I saw it and read them all only to mock them. To my shame though... I do like a guy in the new New Moon film. Oh well, it is a chick flick.
    Sara
    Sara
    Suzaku Elite

Female

The BattleField
    Health Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue4000/4000How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (4000/4000)
    Tsukara-Skill Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue5000/5000How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (5000/5000)
    Experience Points :
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue100/100How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 25th 2009, 11:50 pm

I 've seen the movie...
    and I think it's okay...

and I would agree that there are hot guys in New Moon..
    I remember when we watched the movie,
    remember the part where Jacob took off his shirt?....
    man...!the girls start clattering around....
    lol...
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hei November 26th 2009, 9:36 am

I've read all four books. I have yet to see New Moon but I'm being forced to go there by a friend of mine...

Anyway here's what I have to say about it-

The actual portrayal of vampires is not necessarily bad. It's pretty good writing, has enough action to keep you interested, and isn't necessarily a bad romance either. I think that the character development is rather flawed and the interactions between characters is also awkward and unreal at times. As for the movies... Edward isn't nearly as much of a panzy in the books as he is in the movies. Both the werewolves and vampires are actually pretty badass. But everone focuses on the fanbase built around Edward and how all these teenage girls squeal and swoon for someone who doesn't exist. Well if he was created by Stephanie Meyer to be the perfect guy, then why shouldn't they? I just don't understand why everyone has to focus on the fact that he glitters in the sun which makes him gay and wimpy. If romance is your thing, you'll like it. If supernatural creatures are your thing, you might like it. If you're just looking for something to make fun of, you'll like it. But I've actually put a lot of thought into my reasoning for not-liking the series; if there were no werewolves or vampires in it, it would be nothing but another romance novel.
    Hei
    Hei
    Tsurabi

Male
    Number of posts : 386
    Interests : Cat naps

The BattleField
    Health Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue4700/4700How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (4700/4700)
    Tsukara-Skill Points:
    How about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue3750/3750How about Twilight? Empty_bar_bleue  (3750/3750)
    Experience Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara November 26th 2009, 3:40 pm

The premise of the first three books is passable, i'll grant you. As an A level english lit student I have to say, the writing is tear worthy, it's completely hyperbolic and not at all realistic. In some book cases, the lack of proper realism and possibilities is a good thing, it lets the reader live the impossible. In the case of the twilight saga it is overdone and depressing.

It is also completely anti-femminist (not that I am pro femminist) but in all situations, except perhaps Jayne (despite her being the pawn of a power obsessed lord and master), all of the women in it are protected and/or seemingly dominatwed by the men. and this is because Meyer uses this as an outlet for her own religious and personal beliefs.
    Sara
    Sara
    Suzaku Elite

Female

The BattleField
    Health Points:
    Tsukara-Skill Points:
    Experience Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara November 26th 2009, 3:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L253VLwH3w&feature=video_response Watch that! It's funny and all true!
    Sara
    Sara
    Suzaku Elite

Female

The BattleField
    Health Points:
    Tsukara-Skill Points:
    Experience Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down