Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.
Sentou Gakuin© V3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Sad Serio-chan
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 8:28 pm by Serio Katsuya

» Arashi's Equipment (Post Time Skip)
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 1:03 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi's Abilities (Post Time Skip)
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 12:22 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi Techniques (Post Time Skip) [Finished]
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 11:55 pm by _[Spitfire]_

» Spellbinder
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:18 pm by Jisenki

» Ultima
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:17 pm by Jisenki

» Danika Syphin
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:33 pm by Jisenki

» Arthe
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:30 pm by Jisenki

» Danika's Equipment (WIP)
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 11:26 pm by Riko

» Diamond Dust
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:50 pm by Xexame

» Keyblade- Oathkeeper
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:39 pm by Xexame

» The Keyblade
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 4:47 pm by Xexame

» Tristan Morganthe's Spell Tome
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:48 pm by Jisenki

» [Post Time Skip] Thanatos-Bringer of the End
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:46 pm by Jisenki

» Keyblade- X Blade
Bar to replace Dice Inventory I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:43 pm by Jisenki

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on March 3rd 2022, 5:44 pm

Bar to replace Dice Inventory

5 posters

Go down

Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty Bar to replace Dice Inventory

Post by Jisenki September 26th 2008, 2:57 pm

I've been thinging of replacing the Dice Inventory with a bar. There are some pros and cons to this, such as a reduction of points from the bar instead of having to keep up with the dice inventory, although it may seem somewhat reduntant to have both dice and the bar. Instead of the old dice inventory, it will be a bar that will decrease whenever certain techniques are used. I'm still debating on whether this will work well or not.

Example:

Bar is at 5000/5000

Jisenki used Soshi No Manako

Bar is at 4900/5000

You can kind of see what I mean with this. Give comments so that I know what I should do.
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 1722
Interests : Martial Arts, Kung-fu, Swordsmanship

The BattleField
Health Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue6400/6400Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (6400/6400)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue4400/4400Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (4400/4400)
Experience Points :
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue63/100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

https://sentougakuin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty Re: Bar to replace Dice Inventory

Post by Nejisuke September 26th 2008, 4:33 pm

well, it would make it really wierd to use after using dice inventory for a while now, but it would probably work, just be difficult to use at first. techniques involving dice boosts and such would have to be changed for one....

that and you would have to re-configure templates some. it would be a large undertaking.
Nejisuke
Nejisuke
Wanderer

Male
Number of posts : 606

The BattleField
Health Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue4700/4700Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (4700/4700)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue3750/3750Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (3750/3750)
Experience Points :
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue100/100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagomis September 26th 2008, 5:54 pm

The idea would seem like a good idea, being easy to use and seemingly easier to monitor during battles. But, the entire template system would have to be revamped, each individual technique profiles would be using a lot of work on someone's part.

Truthfully, this sounds like a 'utopian' idea, but in the case of most utopias the work required to make it work would be too much for most people to want to do.
Dagomis
Dagomis
Ryoushi

Male
Number of posts : 669

The BattleField
Health Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue11100/11100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (11100/11100)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue8350/8350Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (8350/8350)
Experience Points :
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue0/100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisuke September 28th 2008, 12:42 am

I guess you could keep the dice roll and ditch the old inventory, but like Nejisuke said, it would require some changing of the template, and most likely everyone will have to redo their techniques, unless you keep the rolling. By this, I mean that the dice stay, but one more component could be added and/or removed.

Jisenki wrote:
Name: (What is the name of the technique or ability?)
Range: (How far does the technique reach? Close, Mid-ranged, Far?)
Dice Usage: (Does this technique use a Attack, Defense, Counterattack, Evade, Escape, or Special Dice?)
Attack Power: (How much damage does the attack do? Yellow-Blue/Suzaku Grunt Max.75, Elite-Master/Suzaku Elite Max.290, Master/Trainer-Head Warrior/Suzaku Leader Max. 600. Only for offensive techniques)
Warrior affinity: (What warrior type does this technique correspond to?)
Elemental Affinity: (What element is this technique?)
Benefits: (Is the technique supplementary, offensive, or defensive? Only answer if the Dice Usage is Special.)
Description: (What does this ability do? Must be 3 lines)

The new template could look something like this:

Name: (What is the name of the technique or ability?)
Range: (How far does the technique reach? Close, Mid-ranged, Far?)
Dice Usage: (Does this technique use a Attack, Defense, Counterattack, Evade, Escape, or Special Dice?)
Attack Power: (How much damage does the attack do? Yellow-Blue/Suzaku Grunt Max.75, Elite-Master/Suzaku Elite Max.290, Master/Trainer-Head Warrior/Suzaku Leader Max. 600. Only for offensive techniques)
Warrior affinity: (What warrior type does this technique correspond to?)
Elemental Affinity: (What element is this technique?)
Benefits: (Is the technique supplementary, offensive, or defensive? Only answer if the Dice Usage is Special.)
*Technique Cost: (How much does using this technique cost?)
Description: (What does this ability do? Must be 3 lines)

*Edits made

See what I mean? It would be something additional unless you wish to redo the entire template although I think that all of that information is necessary.
Kisuke
Kisuke
Suzaku Leader

Male
Number of posts : 732
Interests : Not interested

The BattleField
Health Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue6035/6225Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (6035/6225)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue3575/4500Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (3575/4500)
Experience Points :
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue100/100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jisenki September 29th 2008, 2:53 pm

Does anyone think that the template is already too complicated as it is and do you guys think that one more addition would be bad?
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male

The BattleField
Health Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue6400/6400Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (6400/6400)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue4400/4400Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (4400/4400)
Experience Points :
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue63/100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagomis September 29th 2008, 7:19 pm

It really is not too complicated, and it wouldn't become too complicated to change. But as has been stated the effort of changing the techniques of every character would be taxing for people who have to do more than one character, like the vast majority.
Dagomis
Dagomis
Ryoushi

Male
Number of posts : 669

The BattleField
Health Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue11100/11100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (11100/11100)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue8350/8350Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (8350/8350)
Experience Points :
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue0/100Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jisenki September 30th 2008, 2:51 pm

Very true, but a simple addition would be the most. I couldn't estimate how much time that would take, but i wouldn't think that it would take long
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male

The BattleField
Health Points:
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Experience Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Hitomi October 4th 2008, 8:53 pm

I think it would work. Even if it did take long, not many members are showing up so that might be a way for some to come back and finish what they started or have something to do so that they may come on again. I say Go For It!
Hitomi
Hitomi
Rank Red Warrior

Female
Number of posts : 511
Interests : ...I won't tell

The BattleField
Health Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue2300/2300Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (2300/2300)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Bar to replace Dice Inventory Left_bar_bleue2800/2800Bar to replace Dice Inventory Empty_bar_bleue  (2800/2800)
Experience Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum