Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sentou Gakuin© V3
You haven't registered yet. Be sure to register and enjoy the fun of this online gaming community.
Sentou Gakuin© V3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Sad Serio-chan
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 8:28 pm by Serio Katsuya

» Arashi's Equipment (Post Time Skip)
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 1:03 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi's Abilities (Post Time Skip)
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 12:22 am by _[Spitfire]_

» Arashi Techniques (Post Time Skip) [Finished]
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 11:55 pm by _[Spitfire]_

» Spellbinder
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:18 pm by Jisenki

» Ultima
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 6:17 pm by Jisenki

» Danika Syphin
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:33 pm by Jisenki

» Arthe
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:30 pm by Jisenki

» Danika's Equipment (WIP)
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 11:26 pm by Riko

» Diamond Dust
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:50 pm by Xexame

» Keyblade- Oathkeeper
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 5:39 pm by Xexame

» The Keyblade
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2011, 4:47 pm by Xexame

» Tristan Morganthe's Spell Tome
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:48 pm by Jisenki

» [Post Time Skip] Thanatos-Bringer of the End
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:46 pm by Jisenki

» Keyblade- X Blade
Tristan's Spells I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:43 pm by Jisenki

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on March 3rd 2022, 5:44 pm

Tristan's Spells

2 posters

Go down

Tristan's Spells Empty Tristan's Spells

Post by IkarosWing March 22nd 2011, 7:33 am

Name: Terra Spira Laqueus ("Trap of the Stone Spire" in the common tongue)
Range: Mid Range
Dice Usage: Attack
Tsukara Value: 70
Warrior Affinity: Spellcaster
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Benefit: N/A
Description: Tristan strikes the earth or touches it with the head of his staff, muttering the words of the spell phrase. A circle of runes appears around him in the earth, glowing dark yellow for an instant, and then fade, leaving a large circle of runes, burned into the ground about five feet out in every direction from Tristan. Should the opponent cross this circle during a regular attack or close range technique, the spell will cause that earth to rise, in wickedly sharp spires of stone each four feet high and about a foot in diameter. The turn after this spell has been activated, they crumble as dust back into the earth. This spell can go an entire battle unactivated, after which the runes will simply fade from the earth.

Name: Silix Silicis Tergum ("Skin of Rock" in the common tongue)
Range: Close
Dice Usage: Special
Attack Power: N/A
Tsukara Value: 100
Benefit: Defensive
Description: Tristan claps his hands together, or touches the head of his staff to the earth, speaking the spell phrase. In an instant, the earth for about two feet around him rises, closing in around him and creating a "second skin" of stone. This spell stays active for only a maximum of two turns, and during the spell's duration, Tristan can not move. However, this armor is capable of absorbing up to 50 points of damage from any physical or magical attack launched at him while it is activated. After two turns the armor shatters, falling to the ground as dust. Damage on the armor is stacking, and if the damage dealt to the armor exceeds 50 points, then it will shatter, absorbing the amount that brought the total to 50. As an example of this, if during the first turn the spell is active, an attack with an attack damage of 35 is launched against Tristan, the armor will absorb all of the damage. If on the next turn, an attack is launched that deals 15 damage, the armor will absorb it and break. Any damage over 15, Tristan would take physically. If however, the damage were above 50 initially, say 75, the armor would absorb 50 points of the total damage and break. Tristan will then take the rest of the damage physically. Important to note is that this spell can be activated at the same time as Aqueous Speculum, resulting in a brief, but powerful, defensive combination.

Name: Pulvis Caelum (Literally "Dust-Filled Sky" in the common tongue)
Range: Mid Ranged
Attack Power: 40
Tsukara Value: 120
Description: Tristan waves his hand over the ground, and the ground around him whips into a fury, dust rising into the sky, and hanging there to form a cloud of dust, about five meters in each direction, above the battle field. This cloud lasts for a total of three turns. For each turn that the cloud is present, Tristan can cause the dust in any area of the cloud for about a space about a meter in diameter to coalesce and form small spikes, which then hail towards the ground at high speeds, causing damage to any enemy under them. Once an area of the cloud has been used however, the dust there is gone. This means that over three turns, spikes can be made and launched up to five times before the cloud is used up. Tristan can also bring the entire cloud down at once, likely dealing damage to himself but also making his spell much more likely to hit the enemy as a last ditch effort. At the end of three turns, the dust settles back into the earth.

Name: Aqua Medica ("Water Healing" in the common tongue)
Elemental Affinity: Water
Benefit: Supplementary
Description: Tristan raises a hand into the air, open palmed, speaking the spell phrase. His hand glows with an aqua blue light, and a sphere of water, about a foot in diameter, appears above his hand. The water ball then travels to the area of the body that is damaged, and cocoons it, healing Tristan for 50 points of health. The spell is instant use, and afterward it simply falls away from the body, melting back into the earth. If there are any movement inhibiting effects caused by the injury on the area of the body that this spell heals, they are removed.

Name: Reverto ut Pulvis (Literally "A Return to Dust" in the common tongue)
Attack Power: 20 (per turn for three turns)
Tsukara Value: 80
Warrior Affinity: Alchemist
Elemental Affinity: N/A
Benefit: Offensive
Description: Tristan allows magic energy to trail from one finger, and draws a simple alchemical symbol on his palm. His palm then glows with a wild, dark purple light, the symbol glowing brighter than the rest. During this turn, if Tristan executes a successful physical attack, this technique is also successful. He initiates a slow breakdown of the molecular structure of whatever he touches, be it armor or the physical body. Once it has been applied, this spell deals 20 attack damage per turn for three turns total, and, as it causes a temporary break down of muscular tissue, it causes limited mobility for its duration. If, on the turn of its activation, a successful physical attack is not made, the spell dissipates.

Name: Ortus Terra ("Rise oh Earth!" in the common tongue)
Attack Power: 60
Description: Tristan taps the earth with a hand or his staff, speaking the words of the spell. For a strip about two feet wide and six feet long in front of Tristan, the earth ripples and oscillates for a moment before erupting in forward angled stalagmites (45 degrees), about four feet long and wickedly sharp, capable of piercing enemy flesh. After the spell is over, the stalagmites crumble into dust, returning into the earth.

Name: Aqua Laedo Ledo ("Strike of Water" in the common tongue)
Range: Far
Tsukara Value: 75
Description: Tristan cups a hand around either air or the head of his staff, as if holding a ball or orb, and and speaks the spell phrase. If used with just his hands, a small point of aqua blue light appears and grows larger and larger until it forms a sphere of coalesced water about six inches in diameter. If used with his staff, the head of the staff simply glows aqua blue. This spell can be launched immediately, sent out as a bolt of coalesced water which will keep going until it hits something, or it can be reserved for a maximum of four turns before being launched. If it is delayed, his staff's head will simply continue glowing, or he will crush the water ball with his hand, which will continue glowing as well. At an extra cost of 15 tsukara, Tristan can take control of the bolt for that turn, allowing it to automatically deal damage to the enemy. However, this effect requires that he take a bit of energy from the bolt itself, reducing its damage to 3/4 the normal, or 30 damage.

Name: Nebulos Oriens ("Rising Mist" in the common tongue)
Dice Usage: Escape
Tsukara Value: 1000
Elemental Affinity: Spellcaster
Description: Tristan strikes the ground, usually with the bottom of his staff, speaking the words of the spell phrase. Aqua blue light shines from the ground surrounding Tristan, and a sound like rushing water can be heard. This spell is meant to deceive, as it appears the spell will affect Tristan, while it actually effects the enemy. Tristan summons the water under the earth for a five meter diameter all around the enemy. It rises to just underneath the surface of the ground, then converts into a thick mist, rising quickly to envelop the enemy in a cocoon of thick mist with a visibility of zero. The mist lasts only one turn, but it gives Tristan a chance to maneuver or escape from the battlefield while his enemy is distracted, likely dazed, and blind.

Last edited by IkarosWing on March 23rd 2011, 7:45 pm; edited 7 times in total
IkarosWing
IkarosWing
Rank Blue Warrior

Number of posts : 8

The BattleField
Health Points:
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue500/500Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue500/500Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
Experience Points :
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue100/100Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Tristan's Spells Empty Re: Tristan's Spells

Post by Jisenki March 23rd 2011, 4:19 pm

I feel like Terra Spira Laqueus needs a little more specification as to how it works. I see its an Offensive Special technique. My question is: how is it triggered? For example, does it inflict damage to the opponent(s) when they use a Close Ranged technique or is it when they simply attack? Also, since it is Special and Offensive, it could be assumed that it has some special properties to it. If it inflicts damage the moment its activated, I would suggest you making it into an Attack technique.

Aqueous Speculum is a good technique but I would suggest making this into an Ability rather than a counter technique. The reason for this is because counter techniques usually work for a single turn and carry out the effect of instantly countering damage to the opponent. Generally Counter techniques don't really linger on the field or have any other costs besides countering the payment made to counter the attack. As an ability, the effects of this technique would be much more suitable. As a technique, I could see this causing much confusion to other players on the forum if you were to battle against them.

Silix Silicis Tergum is another good technique with a good effect. However, because it does more than just merely block the attack thrown at the instant it would hit your character, I would make this technique a Special Defensive technique.

For Pulvis Caelum, my question is: What makes the technique Special besides it working over multiple turns? Does it allow you to automatically inflict damage to your opponent for the X amount of turns after its activation? Some specifications will need to be made there so the opponent(s) will know exactly how they are being hit and if the technique should just be a Attack technique (with RP side effects) or a Special Offensive technique with some hidden effects to it.

Reverto ut Pulvis. Another technique that has extra properties. For techniques like these they'll have to be Special if they do more than merely attack that one turn and nothing else. For example: You could say that the technique activates and at any point a Close ranged attack that your character uses is successful, the effects of this technique is successful. This technique does...etc... Basically, for every technique that is not an average Evade, Attack, or Defense technique, you'll need to be incredibly specific as to how it will affect the opponent, how long things will last, and what will trigger it.

For Aqua Laedo Ledo, all is well except for the part that talks about paying an extra 15 Tsukara. If this technique allows you to pay more tsukara, you must make this technique Special. Also, you must specify what it means when you say "Tristan can take control of the bolt for that turn, guiding it albeit with limited mobility". Does this mean that it inflict additional damage for more tsukara, that it automatically inflicts damage to the opponent, etc? This is an rpg based forum so the opponent needs to know how they are being wounded.

Finally, for Nebulos Oriens, since its an Escape technique, general rules state that the technique must use at least half of the original tsukara amount of the character.
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 1722
Interests : Martial Arts, Kung-fu, Swordsmanship

The BattleField
Health Points:
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue6400/6400Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (6400/6400)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue4400/4400Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (4400/4400)
Experience Points :
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue63/100Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

https://sentougakuin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by IkarosWing March 23rd 2011, 7:46 pm

Ok I've edited the spells in question, are they looking a little better?
IkarosWing
IkarosWing
Rank Blue Warrior

Number of posts : 8

The BattleField
Health Points:
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Experience Points :
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue100/100Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jisenki March 28th 2011, 6:11 pm

Very nice. Well done.

IkarosWing wrote:Name: Terra Spira Laqueus ("Trap of the Stone Spire" in the common tongue)
Range: Mid Range
Tsukara Value: 70
Description: Tristan strikes the earth or touches it with the head of his staff, muttering the words of the spell phrase. A circle of runes appears around him in the earth, glowing dark yellow for an instant, and then fade, leaving a large circle of runes, burned into the ground about five feet out in every direction from Tristan. Should the opponent cross this circle during a regular attack or close range technique, the spell will cause that earth to rise, in wickedly sharp spires of stone each four feet high and about a foot in diameter. The turn after this spell has been activated, they crumble as dust back into the earth. This spell can go an entire battle unactivated, after which the runes will simply fade from the earth.

Name: Silix Silicis Tergum ("Skin of Rock" in the common tongue)
Benefit: Defensive
Description: Tristan claps his hands together, or touches the head of his staff to the earth, speaking the spell phrase. In an instant, the earth for about two feet around him rises, closing in around him and creating a "second skin" of stone. This spell stays active for only a maximum of two turns, and during the spell's duration, Tristan can not move. However, this armor is capable of absorbing up to 50 points of damage from any physical or magical attack launched at him while it is activated. After two turns the armor shatters, falling to the ground as dust. Damage on the armor is stacking, and if the damage dealt to the armor exceeds 50 points, then it will shatter, absorbing the amount that brought the total to 50. As an example of this, if during the first turn the spell is active, an attack with an attack damage of 35 is launched against Tristan, the armor will absorb all of the damage. If on the next turn, an attack is launched that deals 15 damage, the armor will absorb it and break. Any damage over 15, Tristan would take physically. If however, the damage were above 50 initially, say 75, the armor would absorb 50 points of the total damage and break. Tristan will then take the rest of the damage physically. Important to note is that this spell can be activated at the same time as Aqueous Speculum, resulting in a brief, but powerful, defensive combination.

Name: Pulvis Caelum (Literally "Dust-Filled Sky" in the common tongue)
Tsukara Value: 120
Description: Tristan waves his hand over the ground, and the ground around him whips into a fury, dust rising into the sky, and hanging there to form a cloud of dust, about five meters in each direction, above the battle field. This cloud lasts for a total of three turns. For each turn that the cloud is present, Tristan can cause the dust in any area of the cloud for about a space about a meter in diameter to coalesce and form small spikes, which then hail towards the ground at high speeds, causing damage to any enemy under them. Once an area of the cloud has been used however, the dust there is gone. This means that over three turns, spikes can be made and launched up to five times before the cloud is used up. Tristan can also bring the entire cloud down at once, likely dealing damage to himself but also making his spell much more likely to hit the enemy as a last ditch effort. At the end of three turns, the dust settles back into the earth.

Name: Aqua Medica ("Water Healing" in the common tongue)
Benefit: Supplementary
Description: Tristan raises a hand into the air, open palmed, speaking the spell phrase. His hand glows with an aqua blue light, and a sphere of water, about a foot in diameter, appears above his hand. The water ball then travels to the area of the body that is damaged, and cocoons it, healing Tristan for 50 points of health. The spell is instant use, and afterward it simply falls away from the body, melting back into the earth. If there are any movement inhibiting effects caused by the injury on the area of the body that this spell heals, they are removed.

Name: Reverto ut Pulvis (Literally "A Return to Dust" in the common tongue)
Attack Power: 20 (per turn for three turns)
Tsukara Value: 80
Warrior Affinity: Alchemist
Elemental Affinity: N/A
Description: Tristan allows magic energy to trail from one finger, and draws a simple alchemical symbol on his palm. His palm then glows with a wild, dark purple light, the symbol glowing brighter than the rest. During this turn, if Tristan executes a successful physical attack, this technique is also successful. He initiates a slow breakdown of the molecular structure of whatever he touches, be it armor or the physical body. Once it has been applied, this spell deals 20 attack damage per turn for three turns total, and, as it causes a temporary break down of muscular tissue, it causes limited mobility for its duration. If, on the turn of its activation, a successful physical attack is not made, the spell dissipates.

Name: Ortus Terra ("Rise oh Earth!" in the common tongue)
Attack Power: 60
Description: Tristan taps the earth with a hand or his staff, speaking the words of the spell. For a strip about two feet wide and six feet long in front of Tristan, the earth ripples and oscillates for a moment before erupting in forward angled stalagmites (45 degrees), about four feet long and wickedly sharp, capable of piercing enemy flesh. After the spell is over, the stalagmites crumble into dust, returning into the earth.

Name: Aqua Laedo Ledo ("Strike of Water" in the common tongue)
Tsukara Value: 75
Description: Tristan cups a hand around either air or the head of his staff, as if holding a ball or orb, and and speaks the spell phrase. If used with just his hands, a small point of aqua blue light appears and grows larger and larger until it forms a sphere of coalesced water about six inches in diameter. If used with his staff, the head of the staff simply glows aqua blue. This spell can be launched immediately, sent out as a bolt of coalesced water which will keep going until it hits something, or it can be reserved for a maximum of four turns before being launched. If it is delayed, his staff's head will simply continue glowing, or he will crush the water ball with his hand, which will continue glowing as well. At an extra cost of 15 tsukara, Tristan can take control of the bolt for that turn, allowing it to automatically deal damage to the enemy. However, this effect requires that he take a bit of energy from the bolt itself, reducing its damage to 3/4 the normal, or 30 damage.

Name: Nebulos Oriens ("Rising Mist" in the common tongue)
Dice Usage: Escape
Tsukara Value: 1000
Elemental Affinity: Spellcaster
Description: Tristan strikes the ground, usually with the bottom of his staff, speaking the words of the spell phrase. Aqua blue light shines from the ground surrounding Tristan, and a sound like rushing water can be heard. This spell is meant to deceive, as it appears the spell will affect Tristan, while it actually effects the enemy. Tristan summons the water under the earth for a five meter diameter all around the enemy. It rises to just underneath the surface of the ground, then converts into a thick mist, rising quickly to envelop the enemy in a cocoon of thick mist with a visibility of zero. The mist lasts only one turn, but it gives Tristan a chance to maneuver or escape from the battlefield while his enemy is distracted, likely dazed, and blind.

Approved.
Jisenki
Jisenki
Head Warrior
Head Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 1722
Interests : Martial Arts, Kung-fu, Swordsmanship

The BattleField
Health Points:
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue6400/6400Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (6400/6400)
Tsukara-Skill Points:
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue4400/4400Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (4400/4400)
Experience Points :
Tristan's Spells Left_bar_bleue63/100Tristan's Spells Empty_bar_bleue  (63/100)

https://sentougakuin.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum